In this day and age, education has become a topic that is only cared about by a few students and teachers. Most fail to realize that education is and should be viewed as the most important topic in our society. If education reform became our top priority, I believe that many other issues could be solved, including our over filled prisons, which are filled with tons of prisoners who can barely read or write, showing that there must be some connection of prisoners to a poor education. Also, without education, we cannot have jobs that we need in our lives including doctors, lawyers, and engineers, all of which contribute to the health and growth of our society. Furthermore, if we stay with our highly flawed education system then we will slowly grow dumber and dumber, compared to the world. Maybe, if we lived in a perfect world, we could fix our education system thus leading us to having a better America.
If we indeed had a perfect world then there would be various aspects of the education system I would change.First off, in a perfect world I would set up teams of people to go to all schools and separate all of the good teachers from the bad, and after this all of the bad ones would be fired for good.Next, I would hire large amounts of teachers in order to cut the teacher-student ratio to 1:10, allowing for more personal teaching, which would allow for a better learning experience, and for children to have all their educational needs fulfilled. After that, I would allow parents to choose the schools for their children, making it so that schools will fight to be the top school and in the proccess promote overall good schools. Finally, I would allow students to have a say in their education by allowing them to have more of a choice of the classes they take as well as by giving them review surveys on how good their teachers actually were. However, all this is only possible in a perfect world, unless our country rises together to reform this system this really cannot occur.
No comments:
Post a Comment